Metabox is one of the great addition on WordPress, it allows plugin and theme developers to add sections to Write Post, Write Page, and Write Link editing pages.
I’ve used metabox for front end submission too! Since most of my clients always asked that feature, where users can submit part of their content (for example) and the admin of the site can review and publish that information.
Today we will have round up those tutorials on how to create a metabox in WordPress, and hopefully you can use it on your next WordPress project. All of the links posted below helped me while I am learning about metabox, some of them really offers a class that you can use.[listing]
- Reusable Custom Meta Boxes Part 1: Intro and Basic Fields
- Complex Meta Boxes in WordPress
- How to Create A Custom WordPress Meta Box Instead of Using WordPress Custom Fields
- How To Create Custom Post Meta Boxes In WordPress
- How To Create A Better Meta Box In WordPress Post Editing Page
- How to Add a Metabox to a Custom Post Type
- Create A Simple Metabox For Custom Post Types
- How I add WordPress Metabox
- Add A Meta Box In WordPress
If you’re not the coder type, or too lazy to get your hands dirty there are plugins that you can use. Be warned though that customization may vary and that will be depending on your project.[listing]
You have all the options that you need on how to use WordPress Metabox, like I said depending on your project. It really saves a lot of work using it and provides an ease in terms of handling data from users to admin.
I hope this round up helped you learning about metabox, and if you found a cool tutorial that we can add to the list please let me know in the comments, as I want this to offer the most helpful tutorial round up for WordPress metabox.